Friday, September 25, 2009

Photos: Black Butterfly Opening Reception















I love opening nights and the "Black Butterfly: the muse" reception was the best ever for me. The show was well attended, partly because of the support of many friends, and also because of the vibrancy of the community of my co-op gallery at 33 Collective and also the Zhou B Art Center Chicago, which are both open the third Friday of each month. The reaction to my work far exceeded my expectations and I spent the night answering many questions about my process and imagery. My husband Steve White sang and played his own songs at the reception. Christine Pfeiffer read some of her own writings, as well as my poems and those of Maya Angelou and Oscar Wilde. Many thanks to both of you for lending an extra dash of culture and class to the event! Also, big thanks to Sergio Gomez for all of your help setting up the show.

Here are photos from the opening reception which took place Friday September 18th, 2009. Thanks to my friends Mike Barret Kolasinski and Mary Beth Deitrick for taking photos for me throughout the evening.

Gallery hours at 33 Collective,
Monday through Thursday:
10 am to 2 pm
Friday: 10 am to 7 pm

Zhou B. Art Center
1029 W. 35th St.
First Floor
Chicago, IL 60609
Ph. 708-837-4534

5 comments:

cathy said...

stunning pics, Alice~ and the work looks awesome.. congratulations !!
its all very worthy of the attention you had :) xx

Alice McMahon said...

Thanks dear friend! When is your expo? xx

Pierre Raby said...

Congratulations Alice for your excellent work! It looks like you had beautiful moments during the opening night. I must add that you are very elegant, love
your portrait with the artworks on the first pic.

Alice McMahon said...

Thanks Pierre! I had so much fun!

said...

There ya see, that's why moi would never make it as a pro artist - too much schmooooozin' and I ain't a big fan of humans.

Well, that and moi's talentlessness.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor