Monday, March 9, 2009

Daily Painting “Danaë”



Daily Drawing (painting today!) “Danaë” A rare-for-me oil on canvas study, 10×8” Painted over an old painting for texture. I’m still learning oils, this is just a fun monochrome study while I’m working on a larger drawing. I had an ornate gold frame for the piece, so I thought this a fitting title. I kind of like the concept, might have to make this one into something larger.

Original oil on canvas framed to 14.5 x 13.5” is available to purchase from the Argosy Gallery, Bar Harbor, Maine at $500.00

2 comments:

Karen Appleton said...

Love it! You would never know by looking at this gorgeous painting that you are new to oils. I am so looking forward to keeping up with your blog and your new works!

Alice McMahon said...

Thanks for inspiration Karen! Glad to connect properly here!